I’ve been a member of Nature Photographers Network (NPN) for about 9 months now.
It’s been a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it for anyone that wants to develop their nature photography skills. The community covers a whole gamut of photography styles all under the main theme of nature. Topics include Landscape, Abstract, Flora, Macro, Nightscapes and Astro, Avian, Human and Fauna, and Wildlife.
Here are 5 reasons why I think it’s worthwhile to join a photography community.
1. Networking with photographers on an international level: Online photography communities give you the chance to meet a wide variety of people from different parts of the world. Every member has their own unique network, photography knowledge, and style. When you get to know many people in a single community, you open yourself up to invaluable knowledge and a huge network.
2. Receiving constructive criticism from professionals: If you want to improve your photography, asking for feedback from professionals that have gone through similar scenarios and know how to communicate their views can be a big help. Online photography communities are full of professionals who can give you valuable feedback on your work.
3. Finding answers to thousands of photography questions: Online photography communities are full of people who have been in your shoes before and have already found solutions to many of the problems that you might be facing now.
4. Joining online photography community contests: Many online photography communities hold regular contests that can help you improve your skills and get your work noticed by others.
5. Finding inspiration in photography challenges: Online photography communities often hold challenges that can help you find inspiration for your next project.
These are just a few of the benefits that Nature Photographers Network has to offer.
Click the logo at the top of the blog and take a look around the site.
You can get a 10% discount on your membership by using the code ANDRE10